Sustainopreneurship = Entrepreneurship and Innovation for Sustainability.
- For longer suggested definition/description/wordbook entry in a "future history" format of OED, Oxford English Dictionary online edition, see http://define.sustainopreneurship.biz.
- For you who also reads through this blogpost, ADDS A BLOG COMMENT you get rewarded with the FIRST eBOOK FREE as a result of this BlogPoll.
- For detailed topic descriptions, if needed - read on!
- UPDATE - MAY 1 - 1PM CET - POLL HAS CLOSED, since April 30 now left our planet. It was midnight at Niue, the little pacific island owning the domain .nu :). Results presented and commented shortly for now in a new posting!
I am currently in the final stages of finalizing a research paper [Update: March 28] I have now finalized and submitted a research paper now ready for publishing in proceedings of the conference it was presented on (frontpage rough draft, click to enlarge above), taking the core finding of my multi-year enactive research. It was presented first time in Spring 2005 in the conference "Science for Sustainable Development", and it will be the first academically aimed publication with a systematic attempt to conceptualize "sustainopreneurship".
The core of this paper is the suggested "future history" imagined wordbook entry found here - "define sustainopreneurship". (http://define.sustainopreneurship.biz), [NB March 28: ] that the final edit of the paper also shall be reflected at this link soon (and the screenshot from the rough draft).
This poll is complimentary to a separate posting I will make any day now, with the abstract of the last and final edit of the paper (it has been passing two peer review rounds with the committee with senior researchers/professors), before published in print/conference proceedings. If you want the paper before the rest of the world and public domain, comment to this blog post and I will send it to you. Of natural reasons, it is in quite dry academic format, design and style. It is the core of all action taken emerging from my Action Map found at http://actionmap.andersabrahamsson.info.
The poll is a first step to track and measure the actual interest, and in what direction to take the popularization, the practical, action-oriented application, for the greater audience, far more accessible than the research paper.
To get an idea of the format of the publications:
I have deliberately picked some areas I have found worthy and seeing prospective strong results and momentum to speed up the process to create and facilitate further sustainopreneurial ventures - everywhere, globally, regardless of context and locality. Both quantitatively and qualitatively. They will all be published sooner or later, but you govern the order of this publishing loop. I will follow the final result of the poll for this eBook publishing. Every eBook will be around 30 to 40 pages. A dense, content-rich, to-the-point summary, directly guiding pure results-oriented action in the respective area, aimed to support practictioners - sustainopreneurs!
- Branding eBook will cover the art and practice of "Sustainability Branding". This I blogged about earlier as well. WORKING TITLE: "Sustainability Branding: Can Brands Change the World?"
- Financing eBook will be devoted to the concept of "Sustainability Venture Capital". See separate blogpost on the eco6 event for further input on this. WORKING TITLE: "Beyond SRI: Money with a Cause - Sustainability Venture Capital"
- Networking eBook is about getting you and your sustainable venture linked to the rest of the world, and then gaining momentum - and thus making a difference. WORKING TITLE: "You and Your Sustainable Venture: Surviving Life in between Dunbar and Metcalf where Everything is Linked to Everything Else"
- ICT eBook is presenting a vision on getting the whole world online - sustainopreneurship applied in the arena of ICT. WORKING TITLE: "Beyond HotSpots: The HotWorld - Everyone Connected, Everywhere"
- Energy eBook is focusing the area of sustainable distributed energy, holding equal power as the computing transformation getting it to the "personal" level in the area of energy, sun power, fuel cells and so on. WORKING TITLE: "PowerToThePeople: Energy to Sustain, Sustaining With Energy"
All eBooks will be presenting some few highly illustrative and associated case studies of sustainopreneurial ventures all thorougly researched.
Full Book in Print, "Business with a Cause"
Published in about one year (add entrepreneurial time optimism factor :). It will also govern the direction and priority I will post in the pending BookBlog, "Business with a Cause", mentioned in the sidebar, to follow interest. The Book Synopsis will also get a future posting with presentation, around ~200 pages, and aim to be complimentary and present the wider picture to this, integrated. Filled especially with case studies of strong sustaionpreneurial ventures already "brought to the Planet and People" all over the world.
Going together with this is also a first FREE popularization with a general intro to this applied and popular arena of reading - the ChangeThis.com Manifesto titled "Business with a Cause - the Sustainopreneurial Manifesto", landing at ~20 pages, also in the authoring process. See earlier blogposts from 2005.
Your voice is heard.
And I would especially value your comment and discussion associated to this posting, witnessing the vote and your motivation (and where you have the chance to influence coming voters to get your favourite and wanted reading ;).
Voting ends one month from now,
April 15 April 30 [see updates re: changed date] at midnight.
Thank you for your contribution!
PS. As a devoted sign of appreciation, dear reader - if you vote and place comments here to this posting giving your motivation and thougths, I will send you a FREE copy of the first eBook to be published as a result of this poll. Otherwise, these eBooks will be published with a working price tag at the moment set to $6 each, charged with the micro-payment premium content distributor www.bitpass.com. So, go ahead, vote and give your voice :) ! DS.
- Add 1 | March 17: Screenshots of frontpages of research paper and eBook, download of eBook template.
- Add 2 | March 18: Some intro and small edits/design
- Update 1 | March 17: This poll is extended to April 30 after doing some voting/statistics analysis, to get a good research loop, since this blogpost is circulated in portions in my existing network.
- Update 2 | March 23: Created a Google Group - those who comment will be invited to join, and membership is by invitation only, or apply with a reason why you want to join. See Group Homepage for further info. No cost, no obligations, no committments. Just interesting converation for mutual learning!
- Update 3 | March 26: All comments added deserve a response from me, so conversation commences from this blog/poll establish a thread in the Sustainopreneurship Group forum at Google Group. Response to the first comment added there - [link]. And yes, cross-linking increases Google Rank - good to have the ideas spreading, yours as well as mine, right ;) ?
- Update 4 | March 28: Research paper in final third writing and draft now submitted and ready for publishing in Conference Proceedings, see updates in the text above.
- Update 5 | April 24: Last broadcasts on the blog poll in the loop, and the poll is closed April 30. Now the spontaneous ones in the wider circle on certain mailing lists and virtual communities of practice is to be reached. I will add lists that it was broadcasted to after I have posted. --- I also point to the opportunity to join the related group I moderate on CIWI.biz - https://www.ciwi.biz/net/nice4s/. This is open for everyone interested by just joining the platform (there is a free and premium level membership), and then join the group. --- THE RESULTS OF THIS BLOG POLL WILL BE PUBLISHED IN ITSELF. The result of the Blog Poll will in itself also be published in a separate article to be posted on the Summit of the Future conference website in May 3-5 in Amsterdam, and in a white paper shared to the eco6 conference on SRI/CSR, Oct 9-10, in a dedicated and related open forum at the event.
An update note on commenting (April 24): If you do not want to add your comment here in public, you can always drop a note in private message to blogpoll [at] sustainopreneurship.biz in a mail, and I get it directly. The free first eBook qualification still remains :). I am interested to your ideas and voice, did I say that ;) ?
Google Group Homepage. Browse archives of Sustainopreneurship Google Group;
|Browse Archives at groups.google.com|